For months now Macaroni Kid has had the privilege of sharing articles about home-schooling from a local mom who absolutely loves being her children's educator on top of her many other roles. Annette Walters always knew she wanted to home-school but that didn't make the task of figuring it all out any easier. Thankfully for all of us she has shared tons of information from lessons, to activities, to local adventures that will help you make your journey an educational blast. We have run weekly articles for months now and this guide houses all of them and will be added to as more come in. Have fun digging through this rich content and please share with our local parents. The ideas found inside this guide can be used on any child whether they home school or go to traditional school.
- Art Hunts & Nature Hikes
- Gator Graphics, ICCR Dairy Farm, & The Depot
- Vermilionville & Farmers Markets
- Nature Studies & Tea Time
- Science Lessons & Local History
- Zoo's & Fun Math Studies
- Baking & Reptile Fun
- Entrepreneurship & Social Fun
- Rethinking Your Curriculum?
- City Girl's Farm, Sugar Art & Bees
- Paint Lessons & Homemade Gifts
- Aquatic Mammals and Science Fun
- New Years Traditions and New Hobbies
- Science Experiments and Outdoor Fun
- Equality Lessons & Math
- Train Museums and Ancient Rome
- Black History Month & Your Relationship With Your Children
- Local Small Business Lessons
- Edmonia Lewis - a famous black sculptor
- Hidden Figures and Gator Chateau
I’m a homeschool mom of two, ages 11 and 5. We’ve been homeschooling from the beginning for 6 years and our preferred method is unschooling with a Charlotte Mason twist. I love homeschooling for the freedom it gives us and because I enjoy learning alongside my kids. Our favorite ways to indulge our interests are by exploring the world around us, doing experiments and activities, talking to people who are passionate about their fields, and reading well written books. I believe so much in what we do, I’ve kept it through divorce and now working full time from home. It’s my hope to continue our journey until college or whatever next step my kids choose to take.
Macaroni Kid can make it super easy for you to find your family fun all year long. Receive a local calendar of family-friendly events each Thursday evening when you SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE!
You'll be glad you did ... and so will your kids!