Come train, compete, learn, and have fun at the SHOOT the ROCK Basketball Camp. Compete each day in the Hot Shot, Speed Layups, Free Throws, League Games, and Beat the Buzzer competitions.
|Nov 21st - 23rd
|Boys & Girls, Ages 5 - 15
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Cost: $120 per Camper
*Register for both Thanksgiving Break Camp & Christmas Camp in the same transaction and save $40!
Location: Youngsville Sports Complex - 801 Savoy Road Youngsville, LA
Camp Staff: Brad Boyd - Head basketball coach Southside HS and TBT LA United - and Other Staff.
Camp Details: Director Brad Boyd & Staff (337) 552-6187 or BradBoyd30@gmail.com
What to Expect out of BRAD BOYD BASKETBALL CAMP.
You will improve your:
- ball handling
- athleticism footwork
- 1 on 1 moves
You will learn:
- Game like shooting drills to drive up your shooting percentage.
- How to create more uncontested shots with dribble moves that create at least 2-3 feet of separation from your defender.
- Advanced hand-eye coordination and ball handling drills that will accelerate your feel for the basketball. These drills will make dribbling during game situations feel easy.
- How to develop an explosive first step. This is probably one of the most important aspects of being a playmaker, but it is rarely broken down and taught properly. Learn about the proper shin angle, head position, shoulder position, and hip position.
- Advanced finishing moves will be taught, such as finishing with the inside hand, wrong/goofy foot, taking away defenders angle by using the rim and making a defender go through you to get a traditional 3 point play.
- Critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- How the top pros create advantages which allow them to make plays for themselves and their teammates.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- BALL HANDLING
Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
Live ball moves to help you blow by the defense at will. You will learn how to shift (or setup) the defender with your body and feet.
Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
How to stay in attack mode, dictate the tempo, and control the defense.
How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
Attacking down screens, back screens, and more.
How to score and make plays using ball screens. Learn how to run defenders into screens and make lightning quick decisions.
How to use dribble hand off actions to attack the defense and put them in a constant disadvantage.
How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
Utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills.
Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
How to be strong and pass out of double teams and traps.
Macaroni Kid can make it super easy for you to find your family fun all year long. Receive a local calendar of family-friendly events each Thursday evening when you SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE!
You'll be glad you did ... and so will your kids!