Valentine's Day is a fun but often sneaky holiday. It tends to pop up out of nowhere and leave some in shock wondering what to do to show their loved ones how much they care. These acts of love are not only for your significant other but your children, dear friends, and other family members as well. My husband and I love doting on each other for Valentine's Day but we also include the kids. They always come downstairs to some form of surprise. Nothing to big but sweets, homemade crafts, love notes, and last year they received gift cards to family fun outings. That way we were all included. Gifts are not the only way to show love and lucky us we live in an area that helps spread the love by hosting numerous Valentine themed events. And below events we have included a few tasty recipes, fun crafts, and additional articles to help inspire your Valentine's Day.
*Be sure to click on any event or article you are interested in for the full information.
Local Valentine's Day Events
Thursday, February 6th:
- Time Crunch - $35 Workshop - Make a custom wood Valentine's Day gift at Board & Brush Youngsville. Kids and adults welcomed!
Friday, February 7th:
- Valentine's Dance & Crafts - Sign your little girl and guardian up for a special Valentine's Day Dance at Royal Day Spa!
Saturday, February 8th:
- Valentine Pictures - Doll up your kids and get custom Valentine's pictures made at the Lafayette Jockey Lot for amazing prices!
- Valentine MAKER Fest - Craft time at Michael's craft store.
- JacieBakes Valentine’s Party - A family fun party at JacieBakes with a fun jump, cupcake decorating and more!
Sunday, February 9th:
- Valentine's Day Cookie Workshop - Decorate Valentine's Day cookies at Basin Arts. Class is for children 12 and older (can be flexible with adult supervision)
Monday, February 10th:
- Light-Up Circuit Valentines for Tweens: South Regional Library -- Tweens can make light up Valentine's Day cards for Free!
Tuesday, February 11th:
- Valentine Creation Station: North Regional Library - Kids ages 5 - 12 can make crafts for their loved ones.
Wednesday, February 12th:
- Valentine Creation Station: South Regional Library - Kids ages 5 - 12 can make crafts for their loved ones.
- Be My Valentine Tennis Mixer - Grab your partner for friendly competition at City Club. You do not need to be a member to attend.
Thursday, February 13th:
- Galentine's Day - Celebrate Valentine's Day with a special Ladies Night Out at the Hilliard Art Museum.
Friday, February 14th:
- Bad Romance Movie Marathon: Main Library - Sad romantic movie marathon for adults 18 and older
- Adopt A Valentine - Kitty kissing booth, kids can read Valentine's cards or books to the cats, and/or adopt a cat for a special low price!
- Treat Yourself Spa Day: West Regional Library - Teens 12-18 can paint their nails, make sugar lip balm and face masks.
- Valentine Science : West Regional Library - Make slimy love potions with kids ages 7-12.
- Valentine's Day Parent's Night Out (Sola Gymnastics) - Drop the kids off and have a date night full of adult conversation. Kids will be entertained and feed!
- Valentine's Spa Tea Party & Crafts - A fantastic night out at Royal Day Spa for your little Diva!
Celebrate Valentine's Day with a few of our favorite crafts, recipes, and articles!
- Mom's Strawberry Pie
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- DIY Valentine Suckers
- Valentines Brownies
- Bacon-Wrapped Garlic & Herb Tenderloin
- Easy Cookies for Valentine's Day
- A Romantic Night In - A Valentine's Day at Home
- My Punny Valentine: 100 Perfect Puns for Valentine's Day
- Seven Ideas to Celebrate Valentine's Day with Kids
- Date Night: Getting Back in the Grove
- 9 Ways Walking is Good for Your Love Life
Macaroni Kid can make it super easy for you to find your family fun all year long. Receive a local calendar of family-friendly events each Thursday evening when you SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE!
You'll be glad you did ... and so will your kids!
You May Also Like: Mardi Gras Family Fun Event Guide 2020