Quantcast

Macaroni National Macaroni Kid EATS Family Fitness Macaroni Military Families Family Safety Macaroni Stork Family Travel

Keep Your Kids Safe, Please

February 14, 2012

Comment on this article for details on how to win a Kate Spade Bag valued at $255!

top image

I ate Comet as a kid.  True story.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  I watched as Mom cleaned, noted her tucking the caustic cleaner away under the sink way in the back, waited until she was bathing my little sister, and then poured a heap right into my mouth thinking that it would taste just like the Pixie Stix candy I adored.  Needless to say, it didn't and Mom had to call Poison Control which happened to be one of her worst fears since she had a friend who lost a child to accidental poisoning.  Craziest part about it?  My little sister did the same thing the next day out of sheer curiosity and the desire to get the same attention I had the evening before!

Did you know that accidental poisonings are second only to motor vehicle crashes as a cause for unintentional injury death in individuals of all ages?  Children are especially vulnerable.  The EPA has a brochure dedicated to keeping kids safe; Click here to view it and make special note of the information on pesticides, some of which are found in cleaning and children's cosmetic products!

I'm sharing my story because I'm passionate about the issue.  I'm currently in the process of a total conversion of my household cleaners to the EcoSense line that is 100% natural and exponentially safer.

Plus, they're manufactured by a green company which ships concentrated products saving me money. It's a win-win for families.  I'd love to tell you how I did it and what it entails.  It's super easy and the peace of mind can't be beat.  Besides the products work BETTER than the caustic ones I had been using, and they smell phenomenal.  Even my husband noticed!

Check out this video:

If you're willing to take the time to attend a webinar from the comfort of your own home before the end of the month, you'll be entered to win this Kate Spade bag valued at $255!  RSVP here!

Comments

1) Ellen said:
Thanks, for the useful info. very helpful and eye opening!
2 years, 4 months ago
2) Angie said:
thanks for sharing!! Cute story, gret information!!
2 years, 4 months ago
3) Amanda said:
My oldest sprayed cleaner in his brothers eyes when younger. We spent hours in the ER and hours of crying. They said the only thing that saved them from chemical burns was that it was all natural. Love all natural! Would love love to try these!!!
2 years, 4 months ago
4) Mary Greer said:
When I was 3 I ate an entire bottle of baby asprin after picking the lock on the medicine cabinet...I haven't had that experience with my little one yet but I am not hoping for one also...thanks for the info and am glad all came out with you and your sister.
2 years, 4 months ago
5) Roya Oustalet said:
I have a VERY CURIOUS little boy that likes to dig in our cabinets... This sure sounds like something I'd need! We have called poison control 2x for him, even though he seemed completely fine! I felt like such a bad mom :( ... At least I know I'm not the only cautious one out there now! Oh, and I LOVE Kate Spade!! ;)
2 years, 4 months ago
6) Jessica Wiltz said:
Thanks for sharing! We hear stories like this often, but when it happens someone we know personally, it takes on a more tangible fear. I too am in the process of converting my home to these products, and just in time too it seems. Last Saturday I walked into the room to find that my 2 1/2 year old was pleasantly washing windows with the clear power cleaner, and thanks to the non-caustic ingredients, I was able to let her continue on with her cleaning with no fear of poisoning. Now, I just hope she continues to enjoy helping around the house as she gets older!
2 years, 4 months ago
7) Antoinette Pellegrin said:
I love non toxic natural cleaners. The best thing to clean a refridgerator is hot water, lemon juice and baking soda. My fridge never smelled so good.
2 years, 4 months ago
8) heather s said:
WOW...I've recently found my 3 yr digging through the cabinet with all of the cleaners. Its very scary!
2 years, 4 months ago
9) Angela said:
Just checked out the EPA article. First off it talks about the child's developing immune system among other things. A couple weeks ago, GMA ticker headline was "Medical study shows household chemicals may compromise children's immune system". I am on board with you and just about have my whole house converted to this safer, better and more economical productt line!
2 years, 4 months ago
10) Michelle Stelly said:
I've had to call poison control, not for household cleaners but because my daughter LOVES to take medicine. She ate half the bottle of singulair AND the little crystal packet in their that absorbs moisture. Geeze Louise I was freaking out!!! How on Earth she got that bottle out of the med basket in the top cabinet, opened a childproof bottle, and ate half of them in the time it took me to pee I will never understand. It turned out to be harmless and taught me how quickly things can go horrible wrong even for an over-mothering, control freak like me. Children are so precious and you can never be too cautious when it comes to their health and safety.
2 years, 4 months ago