February 14, 2012
- Special Valentine Edition!
- Keep Your Kids Safe, Please
- Lafayette Mardi Gras
- Acadiana Mardi Gras
- Big Dipper Wax Works
- Hamlet, Prince of Puddles, March 1st @ ACA
- Mashaka the Monkey™
- Modify Watches Suit Your Style
- This Week's Calendar
- Treasure Buddies
- Check the newsletter to see if you've won.
- Send a happy birthday wish to your kiddo!
- Kids Eat Free or Frugally in Acadiana
- Quick Links
- Story Times
- Submit An Event
- Louisiana State Parks Calendar: Cajun Country
- Birdseed Biscuits: Go green!
- Breaking Dawn - Now on DVD
- Kids Korral Craft: St. Patrick's Day Crafts
- Macaroni Cares: Send A Package or Two!
- Macaroni Cares: What Goes Around Comes Around
- Macaroni Reads: Planted a Kiss
- National Children's Dental Health Month
- We Are Not Responsible for Event Changes
Comment on this article for details on how to win a Kate Spade Bag valued at $255!
I ate Comet as a kid. True story. I remember it like it was yesterday. I watched as Mom cleaned, noted her tucking the caustic cleaner away under the sink way in the back, waited until she was bathing my little sister, and then poured a heap right into my mouth thinking that it would taste just like the Pixie Stix candy I adored. Needless to say, it didn't and Mom had to call Poison Control which happened to be one of her worst fears since she had a friend who lost a child to accidental poisoning. Craziest part about it? My little sister did the same thing the next day out of sheer curiosity and the desire to get the same attention I had the evening before!
Did you know that accidental poisonings are second only to motor vehicle crashes as a cause for unintentional injury death in individuals of all ages? Children are especially vulnerable. The EPA has a brochure dedicated to keeping kids safe; Click here to view it and make special note of the information on pesticides, some of which are found in cleaning and children's cosmetic products!
I'm sharing my story because I'm passionate about the issue. I'm currently in the process of a total conversion of my household cleaners to the EcoSense line that is 100% natural and exponentially safer.
Plus, they're manufactured by a green company which ships concentrated products saving me money. It's a win-win for families. I'd love to tell you how I did it and what it entails. It's super easy and the peace of mind can't be beat. Besides the products work BETTER than the caustic ones I had been using, and they smell phenomenal. Even my husband noticed!
Check out this video:
If you're willing to take the time to attend a webinar from the comfort of your own home before the end of the month, you'll be entered to win this Kate Spade bag valued at $255! RSVP here!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC