February 14, 2012
- Special Valentine Edition!
- Keep Your Kids Safe, Please
- Lafayette Mardi Gras
- Acadiana Mardi Gras
- Big Dipper Wax Works
- Hamlet, Prince of Puddles, March 1st @ ACA
- Mashaka the Monkey™
- Modify Watches Suit Your Style
- This Week's Calendar
- Treasure Buddies
- Check the newsletter to see if you've won.
- Send a happy birthday wish to your kiddo!
- Kids Eat Free or Frugally in Acadiana
- Quick Links
- Story Times
- Submit An Event
- Louisiana State Parks Calendar: Cajun Country
- Birdseed Biscuits: Go green!
- Breaking Dawn - Now on DVD
- Kids Korral Craft: St. Patrick's Day Crafts
- Macaroni Cares: Send A Package or Two!
- Macaroni Cares: What Goes Around Comes Around
- Macaroni Reads: Planted a Kiss
- National Children's Dental Health Month
- We Are Not Responsible for Event Changes
Heart shaped cookie cutters would make an awesome Valentine's gift to teachers or grandparents!
Right after the holidays there is a sort of let down. The doldroms set in. The toys are BOORRING and if you hear the theme song to the Wonder Pets one more time, you may lose your mind. What a great time to gather the kiddos to make the birdies some yummy (and adorable) treats.
What you will need to make around two 2.5 - 3 inch biscuits:
3/4 cup of birdseed
1 tablespoon flour
First, mix together the birdseed, flour, and 2 TBSP of water.
Next, Spray or coat the cookie cutter with oil and place it on a foil covered cookie sheet. Place the mixture in the cutter and pack it well. Insert a half of a straw near the top so you have a place to hang it!
Bake the biscuits with straw in place in a 170º oven until the biscuit is hard, about one hour. Let cool.
Remove the straw, place a ribbon through the opening and hang it outside in a spot that is out of the weather. Hopefully it will be by a window so you can see what sort of birds visit you for a snack.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC